Friday, January 28, 2011

Project 365: Day 115 - Funny Story

More snow in this record setting month of January. Yesterday I went to Central Park only to see the entire park covered in 19" of snow and in some parts of it more! One of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.

Sooo...I see this squirrel running around in the snow and I try to take a picture of it and it immediately jumps onto a tree and starts climbing to the very top, about as far away from me as he can get vertically. So I just count it as a missed opportunity (you must to be quick when trying to photograph wildlife) and head on my way. About 15 seconds later I hear a thump to the right of me, I look over and guess who it is? My little squirrel buddy! Apparently it had some trouble with the snow on the branches, slipped and fell all the way down into a big pile of snow to the right of me...Hahaha! ( I can laugh because the squirrel was not hurt). Imagine if he would have hit me over the head?!?! Either way I thought funny of it and took the opportunity to photograph it while he was peaking out of the snow. Hope you enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a New York based Wedding, Event and Portrait Photographer who also enjoys capturing the beauty of the outdoors & nature.

Followers